This chocolate gravy recipe is very rich. The key to the gravy thickness is how you add the butter in. Adding the vanilla at the very end helps create that richness.
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Sift together into a sauce pan the cocoa, sugar, and flour.
- Add milk and stir until smooth.
- Heat to a heavy simmer on medium heat.
- Take off heat and add vanilla and butter.
- Stir until butter is melted.
- Spoon over biscuits or whatever you prefer (waffles, pancakes, etc.).