How to make a cookie bouquet in these easy to follow steps.
Flowers are fun, but this edible treat is even better! Make a cookie bouquet you can be proud to give to friends with these easy to follow steps.
What you’ll need:
- A terracotta pot or other fun vase, container, or heavy base to secure the bouquet.
- A square of floral foam or styrofoam (found at local craft store).
- 8-15 lollipop sticks or bamboo skewers.
- Assortment of ribbons to decorate cookie sticks.
- Cellophane bags.
- Cookie recipe.
- Sprinkles and frosting to decorate cookies.
- Begin by baking your favorite cookie recipe. If making rolled sugar cookies, roll your dough out thick – around 1/2 inch – to allow room for lollipop stick. If making drop cookies, such as chocolate chip, flatten out the ball of dough before baking.
Tip: Choose a cookie recipe that does not spread thin when baking.
- Before baking, push lollipop sticks or bamboo skewers into dough so stick is completely covered and secured inside cookie dough.
- Remove cookies with spatula; do not pick cookies up by sticks until completely cool!
- When cookies are cool, decorate with assortment of fun sprinkles and frosting! Try writing fun names or making striped or polka dot patterns with icing.
- When dry, slip a cellophane bag over cookie and secure with a piece of ribbon. Curl the ribbon ends with scissors.
- Gently place lollipop stick into floral foam block. When all cookie sticks are secure in an arrangement, place block of foam into your pot or vase. Decorate rim of pot with ribbon to finish.
- Enjoy your handmade cookie bouquet!
Note: Not into baking? Use candy bars instead of cookies for a candy bar bouquet!
Take a look at: Rosewater Recipes