These cute mini sweet potato tarts are a fun treat to serve guests. Serve these as an appetizer or finger food for a casual winter get together or even for your Super Bowl Party.
- 3/4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1, 9-inch refrigerated pie crust
- 3/4 cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Crème fraîche, or 1/4 cup halved cranberries (optional)
- Place the sweet potatoes in a saucepan with just enough water to cover; bring to a boil and cook until fork tender, about 5 minutes; drain and mash with a fork or a potato masher.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Divide the pie crust into 24 small balls; press them into the cups of 2, 12-cup mini muffin pans to make tartlet shells; set aside.
- Spoon the sweet potatoes into a blender or food processor and add the evaporated milk, egg whites, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; purée until smooth; spoon or pipe about 1 tablespoon of this mixture into each tart shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into one of the tarts comes out clean. Cool in the pans over a wire rack. Garnish each tart with crème fraîche, or a cranberry half before serving.