This Oreo Brownies recipe starts with a basic brownie recipe and then adds in crunchy Oreos and ooey gooey marshmallows. As if this isn’t enough, top off these Oreo Brownies with yet more Oreos and marshmallows!
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate; coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 Oreos, coarsely chopped (leave 2 tablespoons aside for the topping)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows, divided use
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, microwave the chocolate and butter at medium (50% power) for 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Whisk until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt until thoroughly combined. Gradually add in flour and stir until just combined.
- Fold in Oreos and 3/4 cup of marshmallows until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved 2 tablespoons of Oreos and 1/4 cup marshmallows on the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, do not over bake.
- Remove to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- The 1/4 cup of marshmallows that are scattered on top will get slightly crunchy. If you are not fond of this textural element, simply fold all of the marshmallows into the matter.
- For minty brownies, substitute Mint Oreos for regular Oreos. (Omit marshmallows if desired).
- These brownies are best served the day they are made; however, they we will store for up to two days in an airtight container.