Serve this delicious recipe for Parmesan stuffed mushrooms as a favorite appetizer.
- 1/2 cup Italian-style panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 40 medium, 1 1/2-inch diameter, white mushrooms, stemmed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir the bread crumbs, Parmesan, garlic, parsley, mint, salt, and pepper with the chicken broth and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl to blend. It will take a few moments for the bread crumbs to absorb the chicken broth.
- Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange on the baking sheet, cavity side up. Drizzle oil over the filling in each mushroom. Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through and golden on top, 15 to 20 minutes.