[The Perfect Recipe for Breakfast or a Healthy Snack] This easy and healthy homemade pumpkin flax-flavored granola is the perfect topping for your morning yogurt with fresh berries or as a healthy afternoon snack.
Granola is one of my favorite snacks but store-bought versions can be a not so healthy pick. If you don’t pay attention to the prepackaged brands you can consume a lot of calories and a heck of a lot of sugar! This version uses pure maple syrup for sweetness and a little bit of brown sugar for the added depth of sweet flavor. Get creative and add extra ingredients such as raisins, cranberries, walnuts or anything else you love in granola.
This fall-inspired pumpkin granola has healthy ingredients such as real pumpkin puree, flax meal, coconut oil and is also gluten free. Enjoy this for a snack or for a tasty breakfast on the go.
Pumpkin Flax Granola With Berries and Yogurt Recipe
Prep time 10 minutes | Bake time 45 minutes | Cool time 30 minutes | Total time 1 hour 25 minutes
For the granola
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats or regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flax meal or ground flax seeds
- 1-1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup raw organic coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
For the berries and yogurt
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups assorted fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries or blackberries)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, flax meal or seeds, spices and salt and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and dark brown sugar mixing well.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry oat mixture. Using your hands, mix very well to ensure all of the oats and pumpkin have been blended.
- Spread the oats out on the baking sheet in an even layer. Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes mixing every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool completely for about 30 minutes.
- Divide the yogurt and the berries into 4 serving bowls and top with homemade pumpkin flax granola and serve immediately.
- Store leftover granola in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 1 week.