Chicken quesadillas continue to be a favorite for almost everyone.
- Leftover cooked, chopped chicken (or pre-cooked deli chicken)
- 1 dozen or more flour tortillas
- 1, 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles (drained), or your favorite bottled salsa
- 1 to 2 avocadoes
- 6- to 8-ounces shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 cups chopped lettuce
- Chopped jalapeños or other condiments, such as cilantro (your choice!)
- Preheat grill or stand-alone grilling device.
- Take one flour tortilla and layer with chopped cooked chicken, salsa or tomatoes/chiles, shredded cheese, and chopped lettuce or avocado slices (if desired). Place another flour tortilla atop layered items.
- Grill 1 to 3 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Cut in half, or into smaller sections, and serve with black beans, refried beans, or salsa and chips.