33, 130k income, 0 debt, best investment options?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    USER

Hi everyone, I’m new to this and need some advice. I’m 33, I have 20k in an emergency fund and 60k in a 401k. I make 100k salary (the company matches up to $2k and 6% of my salary to the 401k) I also make about 30k from my side business. I don’t have a car, mortgage or children. I live in a high cost of living area. I have 0 debt.

I’m also going through a divorce but hoping he will sign uncontested so I don’t lose any of my savings.

Here are some of the things I’m planning to do soon or next year:

Transfer savings to a HYSA – please comment your referral link if there are benefits.

Buying a multi family home with my brother and hiring a property management company – any advice, books to read about this? He’s handling this I’m just putting money down.

Expanding my side business and apply for an LLC – I read in this group I can get a solo 401k or Solo Roth and add 100% of the profit?

Start investing – I read in here about getting a Roth IRA and investing in a bunch of different ETFs, index funds etc. Where do I start? Can I get a traditional IRA to reduce my taxable income?

What stocks should I invest my 401k in? I spoke to a financial consultant that my job provides and they put it in different real estate stocks. I’m getting a 3.2% of return.

My boyfriend and I run the side business together but I have no idea how to handle our taxes every year as it’s mostly cash payments. I usually file everything under my name. Can I hire him as an employee or should he add his funds into a Roth solo 401k?

Is there anything else I should consider? I would love to retire before 50.

Thanks for your help!

#90192 Reply
      Jule

Consider NOT buying the property with your brother and either waiting until you can do it yourself or not do it at all. This will avoid future disagreements.

#90193 Reply
        Natalie

If you have an employee you aren’t eligible for a solo-401(k)

#90194 Reply
          Jordan

I use Amex’s HYSA, it’s 4.3% and keeps going up, and love their reliability/customer service.

#90195 Reply
            Trevis

Take a close look at earned income if you’re going to consider using a traditional IRA with the goal of tax savings. There are income limits for that contribution being deductible.

Something else to consider. At 130k annual and potentially growing the income even higher you might need back door to access a Roth IRA soon. That is complicated by traditional IRA. (Pro Rata rule).

Consider browsing: I feel that I need to do something to get my familes investment/money, shoot, EVERYTHING setup and going for us

#90196 Reply
              Michelle

I have referral for sofi hysa. They are paying 4.6% right now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              Reply To: 33, 130k income, 0 debt, best investment options?
              Your information:

Spread the love