48, 100k income, 211k debt, seeking investment advice?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    USER

Hi all…I currently make 100k a year, single lady livin alone…I have about 211k in debt and no retirement… I know, I know! Bad! I’m looking to get into something part time so I can continue my current job but build on something new so I can get away from my current job…

I work in healthcare right now and have for the past 15yrs and slowly worked my way up to where I am now however, I’m in so much debt right now I can’t leave cuz nothing around her pays anything.

I don’t know how to invest or where to even begin that process but willing to work extra to get to where I need to be…48 yrs old in WV and financially dumb.. Any suggestions?

#90185 Reply
      David

What kind of debt? There is a big difference between 211k mortgage debt and 211k student loan debt.

#90186 Reply
        Monique

BiggerPockets for real estate investing. The Simple Path to Wealth for index fund investing.

#90187 Reply
          Idah

Insurance license (life+health) is the best decision I have made personally. Was in Healthcare too. Easy to study and pass the test. Make more $$ n flexible work/life balance.

#90188 Reply
            Monique

Start following Dave Ramsey, read his book Total Money Makeover.

#90189 Reply
              Cap Hayes

Have you considered leaving WV, even if temporarily, to make more money? 15 years in healthcare should mean enough experience to make more than 100k elsewhere.

#90190 Reply
                Christine

What is the debt from? What is the interest rate on it? How much do you have left each month to put towards paying it off?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                Reply To: 48, 100k income, 211k debt, seeking investment advice?
                Your information:

Spread the love