This Green Grape Gazpacho appetizer recipe makes a fun and flavor-layered “shooter” and is easy to prepare.
- 2 2/3 cups washed and torn romaine lettuce
- 1 3/4 cups peeled and chopped cucumber
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup green seedless California grapes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped day-old bread (crusts removed)
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet red pepper (garnish)
- Combine all ingredients except sweet red peppers in a large container. Blend in 2 or 3 batches in a blender or food processor until very smooth.
- Let chill for 1 to 2 hours. Ladle into individual shot glasses and sprinkle each glass with two or three small dices of sweet red pepper.
- Nutritional analysis per serving (per 1 1/2 oz. shooter): Calories 16; Protein .4 g; Carbohydrate 2 g; Fat .8 g; 42% Calories from Fat; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 65 mg; Fiber .32 g.