Try this delicious appetizer recipe for hot crab dip. Serve this easy hot crab dip for your next get together with friends. Perfect for a Super Bowl or cocktail party, this hot crab dip will be the most popular item in your appetizer spread. Spicy, creamy.
- 8-ounces Boursin cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crab boil spices (recommended: Old Bay)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6-ounces fresh crab meat, picked over for bits of shell and patted dry
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Whole wheat crackers for serving, optional
- Stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, crab boil spice, and garlic in a medium saucepan until smooth; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat the cream cheese mixture over medium-low heat until warm, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fold in the crab, scallions, parsley, and lemon juice and warm until heated through, about 1 minute more. Serve immediately.