This Traditional Maple French Toast recipe is a perfect start to any day. Experiment with different types of bread and add almost any fruit, soft scambled eggs and fresh orange juice for a perfect breakfast easy enough for a family weekend breakfast.
- 8 thick slices of white bread
- 2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of maple extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet, or a griddle, over medium heat.
- In a shallow bowl whisk together the milk, egg, vanilla extract, cinnamon, maple extract, and nutmeg; soak each slice of bread in the mixture for about 30 seconds on both sides.
- Remove the bread from the batter and lay bread in the hot skillet; cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2 1/2 minutes per side.
- Transfer French toast to the wire rack in the oven to keep warm.